I had one piece of pie left and needed just a small amount of whipped cream so I grabbed a jar and made some. Here's how.
Pour about 2 tablespoons of heavy cream in a jar. Pick a jar that will allow you to shake the cream vigorously with room for it to move around, but don't pick a jar that's too big. Here I'm using a clean, spice jar.
Add about 1/2 teaspoon of confectioners sugar.
And 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. Definitely be sure to use the good stuff.
Put the lid on the jar and start shaking.
Just shake, shake, shake (45 seconds or so)... and before you know it, you'll have perfectly whipped cream.
Just the right amount for one person.
(you can see how I made this pie here)
Whipped Cream in a Jar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon confectioners sugar (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place ingredients in a clean jar.
- Cover jar with lid and shake for about 45 seconds or until cream thickens to a desired consistency.