This is easiest and best tasting chocolate frosting you'll ever have. Plan ahead - must be made at least 8 hours ahead.
Easiest Chocolate Frosting Ever
makes about 3 1/2 cups
- 14 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (high quality)
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place chopped chocolate in a heat-safe bowl; set aside.
- In a medium heavy-bottom saucepan, heat cream until just before it reaches the boiling point (small bubbles will form around the edges).
- Remove cream from heat and pour over chocolate.
- Let the chocolate and cream steep together for 2 minutes, then whisk gently until the two become combine and become shiny, dark, and glossy.
- Add pure vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Cover bowl with a clean kitchen towel (not plastic wrap); set aside in a cool spot for several hours before using.