Continuing this week's series featuring a different zucchini bread recipe each day, I give you this wonderful Crumb-Topped Blueberry Zucchini Bread. This recipe makes 2 loaves. To see other zucchini bread recipes, click on the links below:
Crumb-Topped Blueberry Zucchini Bread
makes two 8-4-inch loaves
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (use the best!)
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and stemmed (plus 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 2/3 all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare two 8x4-inch loaf pans by coating with oil/flour spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar, zucchini, and blueberries.
- Stir in reserved dry ingredients and pour into prepared loaf pans.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the topping and sprinkle evenly over both loaves; garnish with reserved blueberries.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
- Cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container.