I can't believe Day 5 has arrived. Thank you for joining me as I shared a week's worth of zucchini bread recipes. To close out the week, I saved the best for last - this Coconut Zucchini Bread is crazy good and I can't be trusted not to eat the entire loaf. For those who like the flavor of coconut, but not the texture, fear not - the coconut is finely ground so you won't detect any stringy bits. To see other zucchini bread recipes in this series, click on the links below:
Coconut Zucchini Bread
makes one 8x4-inch loaf
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted and finely ground
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- dusting of confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare an 8x4-inch loaf pan by coating with oil/flour baking spray.
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, stirring constantly, until golden brown and fragrant.
- Cool coconut and grind in a food processor, blender, or spice grinder.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the toasted coconut, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine coconut milk, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, brown sugar, and zucchini.
- Stir in reserved dry ingredients and pour into prepared loaf pans.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the topping and sprinkle evenly over the loaf.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
- Cool completely before dusting with confectioner's sugar. Store leftovers in an airtight container.