Don't you just love zucchini bread? We certainly do. Since it's prime zucchini season here in VA (and because I was given a gargantuan zucchini on steroids), I thought I'd share a week's worth of zucchini bread recipes in hopes of inspiring you to bake some zucchini bread for your friends and family.
Today's recipe: Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread. To see other zucchini bread recipes from this series, click on the links below:
Feeling inspired yet?
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
makes one 8x4-inch loaf
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chocolate chips (plus 1/4 cup for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare an 8x4-inch loaf pan with a parchment sling (important so you don't get melted chocolate all over your hands and mar the appearance of the finished loaf when you remove it from the pan).
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, sugar, honey, oil, zucchini, and 1 cup of chocolate chips, stirring until evenly combined.
- Stir in reserved dry ingredients and pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup of chocolate chips evenly over batter.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before lifting bread out of loaf pan using the parchment sling.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container. Serve at room temperature.
Also included in this series: