Okay Peeps, here's the 4th in a week's worth of zucchini breads. Today's recipe for Cardamom Coffee Zucchini Bread comes from Jaden over at Steamy Kitchen. I'm a big fan of the flavors of cardamom and coffee, but had never tasted them together so I was very eager to give this bread a try. It's unique and sophisticated and not overly sweet - good snack in the afternoon with a smear of salted butter. To see other zucchini bread recipes, click on the links below:
Cardamom Coffee Zucchini Bread
makes two 8x4-inch loaves
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee beans
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 8.5-ounce can crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare two 8x4-inch loaf pans by coating with oil/flour spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, and coffee beans; set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine eggs, oil, vanilla, sugars, zucchini, and pineapple.
- Stir in reserved dry ingredients and pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
- Cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container.