Here's a cute idea for Valentine's Day - Mini Red Velvet Truffle Cups. They're really easy to make - and no baking required. Just mix a few ingredients together, chill, then pipe into chocolate dessert cups. Don't be tempted to make these bigger than a bite or two. The mixture is very sweet.
This recipe will be featured on my neighbor Bonnie's blog. Bonnie is an award winning artist whose works have been featured in numerous shows and exhibitions. Bonnie also transforms her beautiful original artwork into fine art note cards, place cards, and more for her Etsy Shop. Here are a few of my favorites, but please, visit Bonnie's etsy shop and have a look for yourself.
Ok, on to the recipe.
Mini Red Velvet Truffle Cups
- 6 ounces high quality white chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 tablespoons dry red velvet cake mix, sifted
- Place the white chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Gently heat the butter and heavy cream in a saucepan until just before it reaches the boiling point; pour over white chocolate and stir until combined.
- Add sifted cocoa powder and red velvet cake mix; stir until fully combined.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap and chill until firm (several hours or overnight).
- Place chilled mixture into a piping bag fitted with a round tip and pipe into mini chocolate dessert cups.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Filling can be made 24 hours in advance.
adapted from candy.about.com