Minted Strawberries - ButterYum
This is one of my all-time favorite ways to enjoy fresh strawberries. They're so simple to make, yet they feel so gourmet. Serve them at any meal, or even as a light dessert. Spearmint is the way to go for most recipes, but if you can find a chocolate mint plant, that works especially well here.
makes 2 servings
- 8-10 ripe strawberries, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar, depending on how sweet the berries are (or white granulated sugar)
- 2 fresh spearmint leaves, sliced into thin ribbons (or try chocolate mint)
- Combine all the ingredients together; stir to coat and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, or until the strawberries start to release their juice.
- Stir again and serve. Chill leftovers.