Don't you love it when people make incoherent yummy grumbly food noises when they're eating something so utterly delicious that they can't stop long enough to tell you how much they love it? So yeah, that's what's going to happen when you serve this amazingly decadent chocolate ganache tart. And you won't believe how easy it is to make. Honestly, the hardest thing you'll have to do is wait for it to chill in the fridge.
Decadent Chocolate Tart
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (or oreos, about 27 cookies with the filling removed work perfectly)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces fresh berries
- confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine chocolate cookie crumbs with melted butter; mix until completely combined.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch tart pan.
- Place the tart pan on a half sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes: remove from oven and set aside while preparing the filling.
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a microwave safe container, heat heavy cream and butter until it just begins to boil.
- Immediately pour the heavy cream mixture over the chocolate and walk away for a couple of minutes to let the cream melt the chocolate.
- Add espresso powder and vanilla extract to the cream and chocolate; whisk together gently until fully combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture into chocolate tart crust; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, top with fresh berries and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Note: to cut neat slices, dip a knife in hot water and wipe clean between each cut.