My daughter recently had the pleasure of throwing a bridal shower for her best friend and these cute little cucumber cups were one of the appetizers served. They're so easy to make using just a few simple ingredients and they look adorable.
Peel the cucumbers intermittently leaving a light and dark striped design on the full length of the cucumber and cut into 1-inch coins.
Use a melon ball tool to scoop an indentation in each cucumber coin, being careful not to go through the bottom of the cups.
Mix together the cottage cheese, scallions, fresh dill, and salt and pepper. Be careful to taste your cottage cheese before adding the salt (some are much saltier than others).
Fill the cucumber cups with the cottage cheese filling and garnish with a fresh dill frond. Serve immediately.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (depending on how salty your cottage cheese is)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh dill fronds for garnish
- Wash cucumbers and peel them intermittently, leaving some of the peel behind to make a light and dark green striped pattern down the length of each cucumber.
- Slice cucumbers into 1-inch rounds and use a melon baller to carefully hollow out an indentation to hold the filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, sliced scallions, chopped fresh dill, salt, and pepper; mixing well (start with less salt, then taste and add more if needed).
- Fill each cucumber cup with the cottage cheese filling.
- Arrange on a serving platter and garnish with fresh dill fronds.
adapted from My Friend's Bakery