Imagine the flavor of strawberries on steroids - that's what you get when you make these Vanilla Roasted Strawberries. This technique transforms ho-hum berries into something truly spectacular, and it's an excellent way to rescue berries that are a bit beyond their prime. Use the roasted berries in smoothies, yogurt parfaits, ice cream, shakes, etc, etc, etc. Thanks to Meghan at Buttercream Blondie for posting this great technique.
Vanilla Roasted Strawberries
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, hulled
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Halve or quarter strawberries and toss with sugar and vanilla bean paste; stir occasionally while oven preheats to 425F.
- Place strawberries cut side down onto a parchment lined sheet tray; include all juices that have collected.
- Roast in the center of the oven for 15-18 minutes.
Store in refrigerator and use in any number of yummy ways. Makes about 2 cups.
adapted from Buttercream Blondie