Today I share with you really simple blueberry dessert. The berries bake in the oven just long enough to intensify their flavor and soften, but not to break down completely. Add a crunchy oat topping and this dessert is right up my alley.
Simple Individual Blueberry Crisps
Ingredients (for each 6-ounce ramekin)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch fine salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cold
- fresh whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place berries into ramekins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- Make crumb topping by adding the butter to the flour mixture and use a pastry blender or your fingers to work the butter in until it's the size of small peas.
- Top the blueberries with crumb topping.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until topping is crisp. Serve with whipped cream if desired.