I don't know why it's taken me so long to share this great meatball recipe with you, but here it is. They've been a family favorite for years.
The recipe makes a huge batch of 160 meatballs, which I freeze in small batches that can easily be used for pasta, soup, sandwiches, etc. Feel free to scale the recipe down if you like. Here's how they're made.
Make Ahead Freezer Meatballs
- 6 pounds ground beef
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons A-1 steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F and line 2 half sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a 6-quart or larger stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine all the ingredients on low speed for 2-3 minutes, or until fully mixed.
- Use a #50 scoop to portion mixture; rolling in the palm of your hands to form meatballs (I like to wear these).
- Place 30 meatballs, evenly spaced, on each sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in airtight freezer-safe container.
Note: Freeze meatballs for up to 3 months.