Wow, is this chicken good! This is one of those recipe I found on one of my favorite blogs, Grateful Belly. The original recipe called for a whole cup of mayonnaise and a teaspoon of seasoned salt, but I wanted to lighten it up a bit so I cut the mayo in half and replaced the seasoned salt with a salt-free season blend since Parmesan cheese is already pretty salty. Everyone in the family loved it - so much so that they asked for it again the next night. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Melt In Your Mouth Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Duke's is our favorite brand)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (romano or grana padano will work too)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash and dry chicken and place in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients to make a paste; spread the paste evenly on the chicken breasts using an offset spatula.
- Bake uncovered for about 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the parmesan is golden brown.
Just 5 ingredients make up the cheesy crust.
Put them in a bowl...
Mix them together to form a paste...
...and spread it on four chicken breasts, then pop them in the oven for 35 minutes.