Continuing this week's series featuring a different zucchini bread recipe each day, I share with you this delicious Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread. It's truly the perfect combination of lemon and zucchini. A definite must try! To see other zucchini bread recipes, click on the links below:
Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread
makes one 8x4-inch loaf
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (and a little extra water if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare an 8x4-inch loaf pan by coating with an oil/flour baking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar, buttermilk, lemon juice, and lemon zest, stirring until evenly combined.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Stir in reserved dry ingredients and pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the confectioner's sugar and lemon juice until completely smooth, adding just a few drops of water if needed to achieve the desired drizzling consistency. Pour glaze over cool bread; allow to dry before serving.
Note: this lemon zucchini bread will stay moist for days, but the glaze will start to liquefy after a day so don't glaze it more than a few hours before you serve it.