Who doesn't need a new 30-minute skillet dinner idea to add to their repertoire. With just a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand, you can turn boring chicken pieces into tender, flavorful drumsticks swimming in a pool of luscious gravy that makes itself. Winner-winner chicken dinner!
Season chicken on both sides with kosher salt and pepper.
Heat oil in an 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
Brown chicken on all sides - this should take about 5 minutes.
While the chicken browns, get the chicken stock, fresh rosemary, and sliced garlic ready.
Here's what the chicken will look like after about 5 minutes. The chicken dish won't have crispy skin when it's served, but it will add a ton of flavor to the pan sauce so don't skip this step.
Add the sliced garlic to the pan and... .
Immediately follow with the chicken stock...
And the fresh rosemary. Bring to a boil - this should happen almost immediately.
Lower the heat to a gentle simmer and cover - simmer for 25 minutes.
And here we are after 25 minutes. See how the pan juices have reduced down and thickened? Mmm.... spoon them over the chicken and garnish with a few fresh rosemary leaves.
30-Minute Skillet Drumsticks
makes 4 drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced thin
- 2-inch sprig of fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- Sprinkle kosher salt and pepper on both sides of drumsticks
- In an 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat, saute drumsticks in oil until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, garlic, and fresh rosemary to the pan and bring to boil; cover and reduce heat to a gentle simmer for 25 minutes until chicken is fully cooked and pan juices are thick and bubbly.
- Spoon pan juices over chicken and garnish with fresh rosemary leaves.