I recently received me a big bag of Matcha (Japanese green tea powder) and I plan to make a lot of yummy things with it. First on the list is this green tea chia seed pudding. If you've never made chia seed pudding before, it's really one of the easiest things you can make - just stir the ingredients together and let the chia seeds do their thing overnight in the fridge. They'll "gel" as they absorb all that flavorful liquid. Chia seeds are not only delicious, but they have a satisfying, almost chewy texture. Oh, and did I mention how nutritious they are? High in fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. Speaking of antioxidants, matcha is loaded with them too. So it's nutritious, easy to make, and fun to eat - what more can you ask for?
Five simple ingredients - that's all it takes.
Ooh, love that color!
Whisk, whisk, whisk.
Vanilla bean paste - sooooo good.
Sticky, sweet honey.
Nothing mixes beverages quite as well as this little gadget.
And now, the star of the show.... cha-cha-cha-CHIA.
Clear ramekins really show off that lovely green color.
Green Tea Chia Seed Pudding
makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon culinary grade Organic Matcha powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup organic chia seeds
- Whisk together milk, matcha powder, vanilla bean paste, and honey until completely combined.
- Stir in chia seeds; continue to stir every 15 minutes for an hour, then cover and chill overnight.