In a huge hurry? Here's a super quick, but incredibly satisfying recipe for the juiciest, most delicious burgers ever. Be sure to serve them with extra napkins.
Start with a cool skillet - use your fingers to press 4-ounce burgers very thin into 1/4-inch thickness.
Sprinkle well with kosher salt and pepper.
Turn heat on medium-high and cook burgers on 1st side until they begin to brown. This should only take a couple of minutes.
Then flip the burgers over and sprinkle them with my secret ingredient.
This stuff by McCormick is my favorite.
You could just use more salt and pepper if you don't have hamburger seasoning, but it makes them taste more hamburgery, if you can believe it.
We're almost ready to eat! Top each burger with a slice of your favorite cheese and continue to cook until the burgers are done and the cheese is melted and gooey. Total cook time is less than 5 minutes. Can't beat that!
Oh how I wish you could smell these burgers!
Serve with lettuce and tomato (be sure to sprinkle the tomato with salt and pepper). Despite their thin nature, they're remarkably juicy. Okay, I can't stand it, my mouth is watering - time to eat!
Three Napkin Skillet Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- kosher salt and pepper
- hamburger seasoning
- 4 slices of cheese
- 4 rolls
- 4 crispy lettuce leaves
- 8 slices ripe tomato
- Divide beef into 4 equal portions.
- Press each portion of beef into 1/4-inch thick burgers; place in cool nonstick or cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle each burger with kosher salt and pepper.
- Turn heat on to medium-high and cook burgers on 1st side until brown.
- Flip burgers and sprinkle with Hamburger seasoning.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese; cook until melted.
- Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato slices that have been sprinkled with salt and pepper.