Here's a great way to spiffy up bacon. The technique is very easy and it makes a ton so it's great any time, but especially when you have a house full of guests. For the bacon purists out there, feel free to use this technique to make straight up unadorned bacon.
Sprinkle the bacon liberally with brown sugar.
Then add as much freshly ground black pepper as you like. This is my favorite peppermill. It produces lots of ground pepper with hardly any effort. Would make a great Christmas gift for the gourmet on your shopping list.
Alrighty, ready for the oven. Bake at 425F for 20-30 minutes, depending on whether your crew likes their bacon chewy or crispy. I'm on team Chewy.
Oh my, it smells incredible and tastes even better. I hope you give it a try - Enjoy!
Sweet and Spicy Glazed Bacon
- 1 pound thickly sliced bacon
- 2-3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a half sheet pan with foil and place a cooling rack inside the pan.
- Place bacon slices on rack, being careful not to overlap.
- Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar, followed by cracked black pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the bacon reaches your preferred level of doneness.
- Cool bacon on rack for 5 minutes before serving.