Aunt Joan's Blueberry Buckle - ButterYum
One of the things I most look forward to during the holidays is sharing yummy food with loved ones, and this Blueberry Buckle that our Aunt Joan brings to family gatherings is one of my favorites. Bursting with juicy blueberries and finished with a cinnamon sugar crumb topping, my mouth waters just thinking about it. Great served for breakfast, afternoon snack, or dessert - no adornment needed. I should mention it stays moist for days if refrigerated in an airtight container, but you may not need to worry about that once your family tastes it.
Aunt Joan's Blueberry Buckle
makes one 9x13 pan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- dash of fine salt
- Preheat oven to 375F and butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- Make the cake batter by creaming together the sugar and shortening; gradually add eggs and milk.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to batter.
- Stir in blueberries and pour batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of cake batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.