Time for this month's Crazy Cooking Challenge - FUDGE!! My selection, Bailey's Irish Cream and Pistachio Fudge. It's so good, and it's so easy to make - it takes about 10 minutes from start to finish, requires only 4 ingredients, and there's no need to use a candy thermometer. I found the recipe on the blog Eat Good 4 Life by Miryam. She also has a tempting Kahlua and Dark Chocolate Fudge recipe that's just as easy, as well as all kinds of sweet treats and savory fare. Lovely blog - I hope you'll stop by and pay her a visit.
Bailey's Irish Cream and Pistachio Fudge
makes one 9x9-inch square pan
- 36 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, blanched and chopped (more is okay)
- Line a 9x9 pan with foil and lightly grease with butter (or use nonstick foil); set aside.
- In a heavy-bottom sauce pan over low heat, combine the first 3 ingredients and stir constantly until the mixture is completely combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in pistachios.
- Pour into prepared pan and chill until set. Cut and serve.
Note: I reduced the recipe to 1/3 which worked perfectly with one bag of chips and a mini bottle of Irish Cream (50ml).