Tired of the same old dull and boring broccoli every time you make it? Try this Asian-inspired version - the ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper add a nice kick, and it's quick to make.
Spicy Asian Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger paste (or equal amount fresh grated ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (try my simple homemade recipe)
- 3-4 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes in oil for 30-60 seconds until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock, stir to combine.
- Add broccoli florets; lower heat and cover skillet.
- Simmer until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.