Don't be fooled by the simplicity of this dump and mix recipe because these mini strawberry banana muffins taste amazing. I served them at church today and got many compliments... and one of the ladies even went so far as to say, "When I die, you HAVE to serve these at my funeral!"
Well, let's hope that doesn't happen any time soon. In the meantime, I think I'll make a surprise delivery to her house.
Mini Strawberry Banana Muffins
makes 48-72 mini muffins
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2 cups minced fresh strawberries (plus more for garnish, optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons turbinado sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a mini muffin pan by spraying it with Baker's Joy. (USA Pans are my favorite)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add eggs, oil, mashed bananas, and diced strawberries; mix until all the ingredients are completely combined.
- Use a #50 scoop to fill the muffin tin with a level scoop of batter.
- Dot muffin tops with extra minced strawberries (optional, but it looks so good!).
- Sprinkle muffin tops with turbinado sugar if desired (also optional, but it adds a lovely crunch, and again, it looks so good!).
- Bake in center of preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Note: Allow muffin pan to cool completely before baking subsequent batches. Store cooled muffins in an airtight container.
adapted from noreenskitchen.com