This is one of my family's favorite vegetable dishes and it's really easy to prepare. If you have a bottle of dried marjoram on hand and you don't know what to do with it, give this delicious side dish a try.
Sauteed Zucchini and Summer Squash
makes 4-6 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick half moons (seeds removed if necessary)
- 2 yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch thick half moons (seeds removed if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram (optional, but it pairs beautifully with zucchini so I highly recommend)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat butter and olive oil together and saute zucchini and summer squash, tossing frequently, until tender with lots of golden brown edges.
- A minute or two before removing from the heat, add the dried marjoram and season to tase with salt and pepper; stir well to combine. Makes 4 servings.