Have you ever eaten a pink pickle? They're made by pickling thinly sliced radishes. I absolutely love how they look. They're cold and crunchy and they pack a puckery punch.
makes one pint
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Bring vinegar, water, bay, garlic, salt, and sugar to a boil; remove from heat.
- Place sliced radishes in a 1-pint canning jar and pour the heated pickling liquid over the radishes.
- Cool for an hour, cover jar with lid, and chill for at least 2 hours (or wait overnight for that perfectly pink color to develop).
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to a month.
Note: My husband wanted me to be sure to tell everyone that these pickles are very "odoriferous". It's true - when I open the jar, my family members ask if I'm cooking cabbage. Okay, so I'll serve these outside from now on!