I make a number of recipes that feature ground turkey so when I jumped at the chance to stock my freezer when I was able to purchase 40 pounds for a really low price. Asian Sloppy Joes, Turkey and Vegetable Meatloaf, Keto Turkey Meatballs, and Hearty Italian Wedding Soup were already in my recipe rotation, and now I can add this Turkey Meatloaf Italiano to the mix. Here's how it's made.
This recipe is very easy to make - just place all the meatloaf ingredients in a bowl and mix them together thoroughly.
I like to line a quarter sheet pan (9x13x1) with foil for easy clean up. Form the meat mixture into a loaf shape, place it on the pan, and pop it into a preheated oven for about 50 minutes.
Remove the meatloaf from the oven and top with 1/2 cup of marinara (try my super easy and super delicious recipe here).
Top the marinara with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Now don't scoff - dried parsley is highly underrated.
Sprinkle some of that dried parsley over the cheese (I like to crush it in the palm of my hand before sprinkling).
Bake into the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
KETO TURKEY MEATLOAF ITALIANO
makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (try my quick recipe)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (use the good stuff!)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, crushed in the palm of your hand
- preheat oven to 375F and line sheet pan with parchment or silpat.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the first 7 meatloaf ingredients; add ground turkey and mix until well combined.
- Pat mixture into a meatloaf on lined sheet pan; bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with marinara, cheese, and crushed parsley flakes; return to oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove from oven and rest 10 minutes before serving.