I recently purchased 40 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts at a price so low, I just couldn't resist**. I froze half of the order and cooked the other half in a number of recipes that I'll be sharing with you in the coming weeks. First up, this super delicious Shredded Thai Peanut Chicken. I cooked it in an electric pressure cooker, but it can also be made in a slow cooker - directions for both will be shared in the recipe at the bottom of this post.
**I recently started bulk purchasing meat from Zaycon Fresh, a company that brings high-quality, products directly from the farm to the consumer at unbelievably crazy low prices. For example, I got these 100% all natural, hormone free, cage free, grain fed, boneless, skinless chicken breasts for only $1.89 a pound - that's almost a $1 less per pound than the very best case price at my club warehouse. But wait, there's more... they don't just offer chicken, they have ground turkey, ground beef, chuck roasts, bacon, skirt steaks, strip steaks, ham, ribs, italian sausages, and red argentine shrimp that they say taste just like lobster - can't wait for those!
If you're interested in learning more about Zaycon, you can visit them here to check out what they have to offer. You can sign up for free and there's no commitment to purchase, but if you do place an order, use my referral code (https://www.zayconfresh.com/refer/butteryum) and you'll help me earn a small referral fee - thank you for your support!
Beautiful, juicy, all natural double-lobed boneless, skinless chicken breasts with rib meat.
I trimmed and cut the double-lobed breasts in half, and if they were very large, I cut the halves into one or two smaller pieces as shown above. By the way, that big blue bowl of chicken was only half of my order.
Here's a sampling of the shredded chicken recipes I cooked and froze for quick meals. There's Creamy Bacon Ranch, Spicy Mexican, Honey Teriyaki, Italian, Hawaiian BBQ, Salsa Verde, and today's Thai Peanut Chicken - all of which could be used as a filling for a hot sandwich, added to soup, layered in a cheesy quesadilla, served on a green salad, stirred into pasta salad, etc.
Again, If you're interested in learning more about Zaycon, visit them here to check out what they have to offer. You can sign up for free and there's absolutely no commitment to purchase anything, but if you do place an order, I'll earn a small referral fee which will help support this blog. My referral code is https://www.zayconfresh.com/refer/butteryum
Shredded Thai Peanut Chicken
makes 6-8 servings
- 6 tablespoons canned coconut milk (shake well)
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet bell pepper (red, orange, or yellow)
- garnish: lime wedges, fresh chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts, crushed red pepper flakes
- Make the Thai peanut sauce by combining the first 8 ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Saute onions and peppers in olive oil until the onions are translucent; pour into electric pressure cooker or slow cooker.
- Add chicken breasts and top with the sauce; stir everything together a bit.
- Electric Pressure Cooker: cover and cook on high pressure for 12-20 minutes until chicken shreds easily. Slow Cooker: cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours until chicken shreds easily.
- When the chicken shreds easily, remove 2/3 cup of sauce from cooker and reserve for another use.
- Shred chicken into bite-size pieces and return to remaining sauce; stir well.
- Serve with optional lime wedges, fresh chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts, and/or crushed red pepper flakes.
adapted from thecreativebite.com