This smoothie is not only delicious, but it contains blueberries, pomegranate juice, greek yogurt, and chia seeds making it high in protein and antioxidants too.
This recipe uses gelled chia seeds (directions below) which need to be made ahead. I like to make a big batch of chia seed gel each week to keep in the fridge so we can make our own smoothies and chia seed drinks (like these) whenever the mood strikes.
Fresh blueberries - considered a "super food" and they happen to be my favorite berry - Yum!
Plain greek yogurt - full of protein.
Pomegranate juice - full of nutrients and antioxidants.
Blend until smooth.
Chia seed gel - full of nutrients, fiber, protein, and antioxidants. Super great stuff!
One part blueberry, pomegranate, greek yogurt mixture and one part chia seed gel.
Stir together and Enjoy!
Blue Pom Chia Smoothie
makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or thawed)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- gelled chia seeds (recipe below)
- In a personal blender, combine blueberries, greek yogurt, and pomegranate juice; blend until smooth.
- In 2 tall glasses stir together one part blueberry mixture to one part gelled chia seeds.
Note: to make 1 cup of chia seed gel, combine 3 tablespoons chia seeds and 1 cup water, stir occasionally for about an hour, then store in the fridge for several hours until the seeds absorb all the water - this usually takes a few hours. I like to make a big batch of chia seed gel each week to keep in the fridge so we can make our own smoothies and chia seed drinks (like these) whenever the mood strikes.