Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of cucumbers, and I find most cucumber salads are much too sweet, but my friend Anja served this straight up savory cucumber salad recently and I had to get the recipe. When I made a double batch the following day, my husband said he could eat the entire batch himself. Will definitely be making this one again and again.
To begin, slice cucumbers very thinly. I like to use a mandoline to get perfectly uniform slices. Feel free to peel the skins off if you like, but I like the way they look when they're partially peeled (as shown above).
By the way, this is my new favorite peeler. It never jams or gets clogged - the peels fly right out of it like they're being ejected. Work better than any other peeler I've ever used.
Next, mix together the ingredients for a quick and creamy dressing.
That was easy - now pour it over the cucumbers and toss well.
Anja's Cucumber Salad
makes 8 servings
- 2 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream (we prefer the yogurt)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Place sliced cucumbers in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cucumbers and toss well to coat.