Who loves lavender? I remember not liking it much as a child, but I love it now that I'm an adult. Not only does it smell wonderful, it tastes great too. Here, dried lavender buds are steeped in hot water to make a lavender tea which is then combined with water and freshly squeezed lemon juice to make this refreshing lavender lemonade.
Heat sugar and water.
Add dried lavender and honey (or agave).
Steep and strain.
Squeeze lemons - fresh lemon juice is a must.
This job is much easier if you have an electric juicer.
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
makes 8 cups
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons dried lavender
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups of water and sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey and dried lavender; steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain lavender buds out and discard.
- Allow liquid to cool and pour into a large pitcher.
- Add remaining water and lemon juice.
- Stir well and serve over ice.