Here's a very simple, but very delicious side dish you can prepare in a matter of minutes. If you have fresh basil on hand, feel free to add some just before serving.
Edamame and Couscous w/Basil Oil
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup cooked, shelled edamame beans (soy beans)
- 1 cup cooked, drained Israeli couscous (or any very small pasta shape)
- 2 tablespoons basil flavored olive oil (I like Boyajian brand)
- Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt to taste
- optional: chopped fresh basil
- Place ingredients in a bowl and stir well to combine.