Have you had the pleasure of eating wheat berries? They have a sweet, nutty flavor and an incredibly chewy texture which I find immensely satisfying. Add a delicious Asian-inspired dressing and you have yourself a flavorful and healthy side dish.
A few simple ingredients are all we need to make this tasty Asian-inspired salad.
Start with cooked and cooled wheat berries. They're easy to cook - just boil in salted water for 30-45 minutes, or until tender.
Add the bell peppers and scallions, then toss with the tasty dressing.
Wheat Berry Salad with Asian Dressing
makes 2 cups
- 2 cups cooked wheat berries
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Place cooked wheat berries, bell pepper, and scallion in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the following ingredients; pour over wheat berries mixture and toss well.