Happy Halloween! Although not a holiday I tend to spread around the house in the way of decorations, I don't mind serving foods that color coordinate - like the vibrant orange color of these Spicy Sweet Potato Fries. Sweet potato fries are one of life's simple pleasures, and the aroma of them roasting in the oven is simply intoxicating. I find even those who don't like sweet potatoes, usually love sweet potato fries. No way, you say? Maybe yesterday's recipe for Acorn Squash Bread is more your speed.
Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
makes 4 servings
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, onion, garlic, and cayenne; set aside.
- Place fries on half sheet pan and drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with salt mixture; toss well.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes, until fries begin to caramelize.