I bet you didn't know you could make your own homemade Gummies. We used a mini teacake pan and a couple of chocolate molds to make ours, but the options are practically endless so get creative and have fun making all kinds of shapes.
The mixture doesn't take long to make, but plan ahead. Once the molds are filled, they'll need to rest at room temperature for 5-6 hours before the candies can be unmolded.
DIY Gummy Snacks
- 1/2 cup cool water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin (two packets, 1/4 ounce or 7 grams each)
- 3-ounce package Jell-O, any flavor
- In a small nonstick saucepan, combine water and corn syrup using a heat-proof silicone spatula (no heat at this point).
- Add the Jell-O and unflavored gelatin; stir until dissolved.
- Heat mixture over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Scrape foam from surface; discard.
- Transfer remaining mixture to an easy-pour container or condiment bottle.
- Carefully fill candy molds; allow to rest at room temperature for 6 hours.
- Remove gummy treats from molds and enjoy.
Note: I used this metal teacake pan and these plastic candy molds. Silicone molds and novelty ice cube trays work well too. Feel free to use any shape candy, chocolate, soap molds (obviously, soap molds that have never been used to make soap). There is no need to coat the molds with nonstick spray before filling.
Other fun mold ideas:
- Lego bricks and men
- teddy bears
- puffy hearts
- Hello Kitty
- cute bugs
- creepy bugs
- sea creatures
- rubber ducky
- baby shower
- teenage mutant ninja turtles