Is it soup weather where you are? We've been dealing with arctic temperatures all week so I'd say it's definitely soup weather here. This one's a winner - it's hearty, cheesy deliciousness can be made in less than an hour from start to finish. Go make this amazing soup!!
Cheddar Cauliflower and Bacon Soup
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1/2 cup minced carrot
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (or other hot sauce), optional
- Garnish: 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- In a 6-quart stockpot over medium-high heat, combine cauliflower, carrots, celery, and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover; cook for 15-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a large, heavy-bottom saucepan over medium-high.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper; whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add milk; whisk constantly until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Remove from heat and add shredded cheese; whisk until melted.
- Pour cheese mixture over the cauliflower mixture.
- Stir in Sriracha; serve with crumbled bacon. Makes 4-6 servings.