Do you belong to the salted caramel fan club? If you do, this recipe for Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies will not disappoint. They're crazy good.
Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies
makes 6 dozen cookies
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 11-ounce package caramel bits
- coarse or flake sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In the bowl of a heavy duty stand mixer, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda; mix well.
- Stir in the oats and caramel bits.
- Use a #50 scoop to portion 12 cookies per silpat lined sheet pan and flatten slightly.
- Sprinkle with a few flakes of coarse salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they begin to turn golden around the edges.
- Allow cookies to rest on sheet pan for a few minutes before removing.
- Cookies are best served slightly warm.
- Store in an airtight container.