Everybody could use a few new easy-to-prepare weeknight dishes like this Asian-inspired chicken, a family favorite in our house. Pick up a package of boneless chicken thighs and the ingredients for a nice salad and you can have a fantastic dinner on the table in about an hour.
Asian-Style Baked Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or granulated garlic)
- ground black pepper to taste
- garnish: sliced scallions
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the ketchup, honey, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Wrap a sheet pan with foil (I like to use non-stick foil) and place an oven-safe rack in the pan.
- Trim the excess fat from the chicken thighs and place them right side up in a single layer on the rack.
- Use a pastry brush to apply about 1/3 of the ketchup mixture to the chicken thighs and bake for 15 minutes.
- Baste with another 1/3 of the ketchup mixture and bake for another 15 minutes; repeat one more time using the remaining 1/3 of the ketchup mixture.
- Remove chicken from the oven and sprinkle with ground black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and serve. Makes 4 servings.