Have you ever eaten those additively delicious green beans found at Chinese buffets? Well now you can make them in your very own kitchen. I'm thrilled to be able to share this excellent recipe.
Wrinkled Asian-Style Green Beans
- 1 pound thin green beans, washed and trimmed (I like French Haricot Verts)
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste (or fresh minced ginger)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste (like sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Toss the beans with 1 teaspoon of oil; place on a sheet pan and roast for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from oven when they look shriveled and begin to brown; set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Saute garlic, ginger, and scallions for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Lower heat and add chili paste, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Add precooked green beans and toss to coat. Serve.
Recipe adapted from Everyday Healthy Everyday Delicious