I was inspired to try this recipe after a friend raved about the Archer Farms Harvest Cookies that are sold at Target. I did a quick google search and found this copycat recipe on Modern Day Moms. I confess I've never tasted the Archer Farms version, but wow, this copycat version is fabulous.
Harvest Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
makes 36 cookies
adapted from Modern Day Moms
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 3/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries (I used Craisins)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 3 sheet pans with silicone liner or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture; mix to combine.
- Stir in oats and dried cranberries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared sheet pans and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to rest for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- I use a #50 cookie scoop to portion the dough, which helps all the cookies turn out the exact same size.
- To prevent the cookies from spreading too much in the oven, chill the cookie dough before baking and be sure to bake on cool sheet pans.