So there I was, around 9pm the other night, when out of nowhere my daughter tells me she needed to bring cookies to school in the morning. *Sigh* I really hate when that happens.
So I started brainstorming my memory banks for a fast cookie recipe and this one came to mind. It was perfect for this situation because you don't have to wair for butter to come to room termperature, the doughh is easily mixed by hand, and all 36 cookies bake on one sheet pan in less than 10 minutes. Oh and they're super cool looking too.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
- 1/2 cup canola oil*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, both sugars, egg, and vanilla; add the dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Divide dough in half.
- On a silicone or parchment lined sheet pan, shape each half into a 3x15-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle each rectangle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips; gently pressing the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 6-7 minutes for chewy cookies (8-9 minutes for crisper cookies).
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into 36 cookie sticks.
- Use a serrated knife for best results.
*melted butter may be substituted, but cookies will spread a bit more. recipe adapted from Taste of Home.