So it's been a crazy busy day and you need to serve dinner soon, but you don't have a starchy side dish to serve and it's too late to start cooking rice or potatoes. The solution - Easy Cheesy Grits. Start to finish, you'll have them on the table in less than 10 minutes.
Easy Cheesy Grits
makes 6-8 servings
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste (light on the salt, heavy on the pepper)
- Combine water and grits together in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Remove form heat and stir in butter and cheese. Grits will thicken as they cool.