Mini Crumb-Topped Sour Cream Banana Breads - ButterYum
This is a wonderful recipe that makes 10 mini loaves of cinnamon-y crumb-topped sour cream banana bread. I love being able to pull one out of the freezer for a quick snack or gift. I like to bake these in disposable foil pans so I don't have worry about my pans being returned.
Mini Crumb-Topped Sour Cream Banana Breads
makes 10 mini loaves (approx 5 1/2 x 3 1/4-inch)
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 300F and place rack in center.
- Spray loaf pans with baking spray.
- Make the crumb topping in a small bowl by combining the melted butter and cinnamon, then stir in the flour, brown sugar, and salt; stirring until clumps form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar; add eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the banana mixture and flour mixture together, just until combined.
- Pour 1 cup of batter into each prepared mini loaf pan and sprinkle each with an equal amount of crumb topping.
- Bake on center rack for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserting in the center comes out clean.
- Loaves can be removed from the pan after cooling for 20 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Note: I've tried many brands of disposable foil pans through the years and there's one brand that I like above all others - Handi-Foil. In full disclosure, the Handi-Foil people have absolutely no idea who I am ;). Anyway, these cute little pans are sold in sets of 5 for less than $2. They have lovely scalloped walls and are sturdy enough to be used over and over again. I find them at my grocery store. Inferior brands bend out of shape when you simply pick them up - and definitely beware of brands that package their mini pans with a metal clip holding them together - they're the flimsiest.