Blueberry Pomegranate Oatmeal Smoothie - ButterYum
This month's Crazy Cooking Challenge theme: Fruit Smoothies/Shakes
What recipe did I choose: Pomegranate Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothies from The Yummy Life by Monica.
Did we like it: You bet we did. Just get a look at that amazing color - you can tell they're super healthy. They're easy to make too - and you can even freeze them if you want to make them way in advance.
Pomegranate Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothies
adapted from The Yummy Life
- 1/4 cup uncooked oats (old fashioned or quick oats)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 teaspoons honey
- Combine ingredients in blender and blitz until smooth (I love my Ninja).
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or up to 3 days before serving.
- Blend or shake if mixture separates.