Cinnamon Roll Pancakes - ButterYum
Oh boy do I have a decadent breakfast recipe to share with you today. How do Cinnamon Roll Pancakes sound?? Yes, I know... way too good, right? Right!! That's why I only make them when we have guests in the house.
The pancake batter is pretty straight forward, but you can use your favorite boxed pancake mix if you like. The cinnamon filling and the creamy drizzle should be made before you start frying your pancakes. I put each of them in a sturdy zip-top bag. When I'm ready to use each, I snip a tiny hole in the corner of the bag. If the cinnamon filling starts to separate before you use it, squish it around in the bag for a minute. Likewise, if the cream drizzle starts to firm up too much before you use it, squish it around in the bag for a minute.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
makes eight 4-inch pancakes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
To make the cinnamon filling:
- Combine ingredients and place in a heavy zip-top bag; set aside until needed
To make the creamy drizzle:
- Gently melt butte rand whisk in cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla; whisk until smooth.
- Place in a heavy zip-top bag; set aside until needed.
To make the pancake batter:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add milk, egg, and oil; whisk just until combined (don't over whisk - a few lumps in the batter are okay).
To make the pancakes:
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick spray. Scoop 1/3 cup batter per pancake into hot skillet (each pancake will be about 4-inches in diameter).
- Reduce heat to low.
- Snip a tiny hole in the corner of the bag containing the cinnamon filling. When the pancake begins to form bubbles, squeeze cinnamon filling in a swirl pattern starting in the center, being careful not to get the filling too close to the edges of the pancake; cook 2-3 minutes, or until it's time to flip the pancakes over.
- Cook on second side for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Wipe pan clean between batches. Serve with creamy drizzle.
Prepare the cinnamon filling and creamy drizzle before you start. Keep the bags sealed for now, but snip a small hole in the corner of each when needed.
Each batch of pancakes should start with a clean skillet.
When you start seeing bubbles in the pancake batter, pipe the cinnamon filling in a swirl pattern, being careful not to pipe it too close to the edge of the pancakes.
Get too close to the edge and this will happen. No worries, it'll still taste good.
Flip the pancakes over when the bottoms look like this.
Ooooo.... so cool.
Are you ready for a bite? Wait... we need to add the creamy drizzle.
Okay, there you go. You're welcome.