My mother-in-law shared the recipe for this incredibly flavorful potato salad which is overflowing with juicy shrimp, crisp summer vegetables, tasty feta cheese, and the most tantalizing lemon and basil dressing ever. I highly recommend it!
Mediterranean Potato Salad with Shrimp and Feta
makes 10 cups (adapted from Cooking Light)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked baby red potatoes, quartered (about 5 cups)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Kalamata olives, chopped and pitted
- 3 cups thinly sliced Romaine lettuce (added just before service)
To make the dressing:
- Combine all the ingredients in a small jar; cover and shake vigorously.
To assemble the salad:
- Toss all the remaining ingredients (except the lettuce) together in a large bowl with the dressing.
- Add the lettuce just before service. Enjoy!
Notes: Consider removing uneaten lettuce before storing leftovers because it will wilt and become soggy. The recipe doesn't call for tomatoes, but I think they would make an excellent addition.