Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 medium butternut squash
- drizzle of olive oil
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken stock (try my homemade, or store bought low-sodium)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut butternut squash in half and scrape out seeds.
- Brush cut sides with olive oil and sprinkle with Kosher salt and pepper.
- Place the halves cut-side down on a rimmed sheet pan and pierce with a knife in a few spots, bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove squash from the oven and allow to cool a bit; scoop the soft flesh from the shells (you should have about 4-5 cups).
- Place the squash in a blender with chicken stock and Greek yogurt; blend until smooth.
- Add more or less chicken stock to adjust the finished thickness of your soup.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Note - Greek yogurt can be found in most grocery stores. It's much thicker than traditional yogurt, but you can use strained traditional yogurt in a pinch.