Oh me, oh my! I brought these babies to a gathering of church ladies and they were a huge hit. Really, reeeeeeally delicious. I'm having a hard time finding the words to properly describe how yummy they are, so you'll just have to make them and find out for yourself.
Killer Marinated Tomatoes
- 6 large tomatoes, cut into wedges (or equal amount of halved cherry, grape, or pear tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Whisk everything but the tomato wedges together in a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and stir to coat.
- Marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours; stirring every now and then. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the fridge, but allow them to warm to room temperature before serving.
Notes: The marinade leftover in the bottom of the bowl is too yummy to throw away - sop it up with big chunks of yummy bread, or use it to make rice or quinoa. OR make a simple quinoa salad by dicing the tomatoes small and mixing the entire recipe with about 3 cups of quinoa that's been cooked in flavorful homemade chicken stock.
Here are more delicious recipes!