Today begins a new blogger baking group designed to bake through the highly anticipated and newly released book Rose's Heavenly Cakes by Rose Levy Beranbaum, famed author of The Cake Bible.
I can truly say Rose's recipes are among the best of the best! Not only is Rose a wonderfully generous person and spectacularly skilled teacher, she has been absolutely instrumental in my own journey, starting as a mom making birthday cakes for my family 20 years ago, to a wedding cake maker - something I'd always dreamed of doing, but never thought would happen. I've expressed my gratitude to Rose on several occasions, and she's always responded in the most lovely and encouraging way. She's truly a gem and a national baking treasure! (Psst... keep posted for an upcoming blog interview with Rose)
Whether your new to the world of baking, or are a seasoned professional, feel free to head on over to Marie's blog and become one of Rose's
October 5: Hungarian Jancsi Torta
October 12: Barcelona Brownie Bars
October 19: Apple Upside-Down Cake
October 26: Almond Shamah Chiffon
November 2: Pumpkin Cake with Burnt Orange Buttercream
- You must own, or have easy access to, a copy of Rose's Heavenly Cakes.
- You must have a blog.
- At the beginning of each month Marie will post the recipes that will be featured for that month. Marie will bake one per week, but you only have to agree to bake two of the selections. Of course you can bake more often if you like.
- Blog posts should be made within 24 hours of the date given.
- If you run out of steam or feel you can’t keep baking, let Marie know so she can remove you from the list of Heavenly Cake Bakers - that way, readers will know that only active bakers are on the list of bloggers.
- Recipes will not be posted on your blogs since everyone will have a copy of the book and we want to encourage sales of Rose's Heavenly Cakes.
- And lastly, have fun!