Slow Cooker Pork and Sauerkraut - ButterYum
If you like Pork and Sauerkraut, you're going to love this easy version.
I'm only posting the before photo. Why you ask? Uh, well, let's face it... a pot full of monochrome brown food isn't particularly photo friendly, but trust me, it'll taste great! Seriously, I recently brought a double batch to a church dinner and it was all gobbled up!
Pork and Sauerkraut in the Slow Cooker
recipe serves 6-8 (doubled to fit in a 6.5 quart slow cooker)
- 3 pounds Boneless Country-Style Pork Ribs
- 1.5 pounds Sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 10 ounce can French Onion Soup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- Start by cutting the boneless ribs into bite-size cubes and put them in your slow cooker.
- Rinse and drain the sauerkraut and place it on top of the pork.
- Mix together the soup and brown sugar and pour over the sauerkraut.
- Cover and cook on low for 12 hours or high for 6 hours.
- Stir together and serve.
- Alternatively, a single recipe will fit in a 9x13 casserole dish and can be baked in the oven (cover with foil and bake at 350F for 4 hours).
- If you don't have French Onion Soup on hand, you can substitute water and 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder or minced onion. I prefer Progresso brand French Onion Soup.